Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Break Has BEGUN...

The boys and I are spending our Spring Break aka Ryan's Birthday Vacation in Nebraska. We left Edmond yesterday morning and made it to Bradshaw, where my Grandma lives in 5 hours on a half a tank of gas. WHOHOO. And NO I didn't speed. We made AMAZING time. The boys got a little squirrelly and UGH...about half way through the trip...but they settled down with a video...and the ride wasn't too bad. Our first stop in Nebraksa was to see my Mom. We stopped at my Mom's Grave in York, and put some fresh Spring Flowers out for her, and cleaned her headstone up a bit. Grant noticed her name plate was a little dirty...so he fixed Grandma up, as he told me "She doesn't like messy." HA. Oh Grant she would be SO proud of you. Ryan added a little flair by poking some large sticks in the ground by her headstone....and he proudly announced that now "Grandma would be different than all the rest." Oh Ryan--she is SMILING down on you buddy.

Once we had accomplished that--it was back in the car...LINCOLN HERE WE COME. That mere 45 minute trip TOOK AN ETERNITY. We finally made it, unloaded, and let the fun BEGIN.

We went to Valentino's Buffet for dinner. And we ALL decided that we NEED one in Oklahoma. It was SO yummy. Growing up with Val's I CRAVE IT, and it's a MUST when I come back. We all pigged out. Ryan loved the fact you could eat as much pepperoni pizza as you want...I think he ate an entire pizza all by himself. After all...they are "GROWING BOYS." Personally, I wondered where we put it all. ha.



Grant loved the fact that you could get all of his favorite foods in ONE place. Pepperoni Pizza, PLAIN noodles, and oh lookie here............. FRENCH TOAST STICKS with SYRUP. I don't know how many times we heard "this is SO cool."

We were all pretty tired when we got back to Uncle Michael's house. However, the boys still had enough energy to eat some more...Uncle Michael's special popcorn....... and play some PlayStation Games.

STAY TUNED...more adventures from Nebraska...we will keep you posted daily (or at least that is the goal.) ha.

No comments: